About Shepherd of the Hills Veterinary Clinic in Branson: An Animal Hospital You Can Trust
At Shepherd of the Hills, we believe it is important to be transparent and honest about our practice philosophy and the care we provide. That’s why we outlined our animal hospital’s mission, values, and more, so you can better understand who we are. As your pet’s caregiver, you have a right to know to whom you are entrusting their health and well-being.
Our Mission, Promise, and Values
Our mission is to work with the community and local rescues, supporting one another to provide quality compassionate care for more pets at an affordable price.
Our promise to you is to provide the highest quality veterinary care possible that is within the owner’s financial means.
These core values form the very backbone of our practice and strengthen our team around common principles.
- Compassion: We treat all pets and their people with dignity and compassion.
- Fear Free: We provide services in a caring manner, with a sympathetic consciousness of every patient’s distress, both physical and emotional, and with a desire to alleviate it.
- Transparency of prices: We are forthcoming with all prices and financial commitments before a service is performed.
- Transparency of care: We will never separate a pet from an owner without consent and complete disclosure of what is being done, how it will be performed, and why it is necessary to separate the pet.
- Accountability: We hold everyone to a high standard of professional, ethical, and medical behavior.
Veterinarian's Oath and Motto
The veterinarian oath is something by which every one of our veterinarians abides. It is their guiding light through every service, procedure, and pet interaction in our animal hospital.
Veterinarian Oath: “Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.”
Additionally, the veterinarian’s motto is one of simplicity, clarity, and compassion:
“First, do no harm.”
What You Can Expect at Our Animal Hospital
Our entire animal hospital embodies these standards every day, striving to not only meet them but exceed them. We aim to provide transparent, compassionate, and superior care to each and every patient and client who visits our hospital. If you have questions about any of our commitments listed above, please contact us at 417-337-7389.