About Shepherd of the Hills Veterinary Clinic in Branson: An Animal Hospital You Can Trust
At Shepherd of the Hills, we believe it is important to be transparent and honest about our practice philosophy and the care we provide. That’s why we outlined our animal hospital’s mission, values, and more, so you can better understand who we are. As your pet’s caregiver, you have a right to know to whom you are entrusting their health and well-being.
Our Mission, Promise, and Values
Mission Statement: We hold ourselves accountable for providing transparent compassionate care for our patients while maintaining affordability for their owners through the embodiment of our core values.
- Compassion: We treat all pets and the people with dignity and compassion.
- Fear Free: We provide services in a caring manner, with a sympathetic consciousness of every patient’s distress, both physical and emotional, with a desire to alleviate it.
- Transparency of Prices: We are forthcoming with all prices and financial commitments before a service is performed.
- Transparency of Care: We will never separate a pet from an owner without consent and complete disclosure of what is being done, how it will be performed and why it is necessary to separate the pet.
- Accountability: We hold everyone to a high standard of professional, ethical and medical behavior.
- First Do No Harm: We have an ethical responsibility to consider the pet as a whole when making medical decisions about performing interventions which may come with some risk. Sometimes it may be better to do nothing than to risk causing more harm than good.
“Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.”
What You Can Expect at Our Animal Hospital
Our entire animal hospital embodies these standards every day, striving to not only meet them but exceed them. We aim to provide transparent, compassionate, and superior care to each and every patient and client who visits our hospital. If you have questions about any of our commitments listed above or would like to book an appointment, please call us at 417-337-7389 or use the online form.