Dog and Cat Surgery in Branson
While it is no pet owner’s favorite topic, dog and cat surgery doesn’t have to be scary. Sometimes undergoing surgery is necessary for your four-legged friend to stay happy and healthy, and Shepherd of the Hills Veterinary Clinic takes every precaution to ensure surgeries go as smoothly and as painlessly as possible. We offer a number of soft-tissue surgeries in our state-of-the-art Branson animal hospital.
Dog and Cat Surgical Procedures We Offer
Dr. Amanda can perform an array of routine soft-tissue surgeries for cats and dogs, and even pocket pets if needed. Some of the surgeries performed at Shepherd of the Hills Veterinary Clinic include:
- Spay and Neuter
- Microchip placement
- Lump removal
- Foreign body removal
- Gastropexy (stomach tacking to prevent abdominal bloat)
- Exploratory Surgery
Shepherd of the Hills is not currently equipped to handle orthopedic surgeries or procedures best performed with a surgical laser, such as declawing. We would be happy to provide a referral for you if your pet is in need of these surgeries.
Dog and Cat Surgical Protocols
At Shepherd of the Hills Veterinary Clinic, your dog and cat’s safety and comfort are our top priorities. In order to ensure the best possible experience for your pet, we follow strict surgical protocols:
- Pets undergoing surgery should consume only water for 12 hours before their operation.
- Before surgery, all pets get a physical exam and undergo anesthesia
- All surgical patients begin pain and anxiety medication before receiving anesthetic to guarantee their comfort.
- Throughout surgery and recovery pets are given an IV of fluids and medication.
- Pets’ heart rates, breathing, and temperature are monitored while they are under anesthesia.
- Once your pet is ready to be discharged, we will discuss any necessary post-surgical care or treatments with you and provide take home pain medication
Pet Drop-off Appointments For Your Convenience
We understand that everyone has commitments during the week. To make sure you can see to your pet’s care without completely disrupting your schedule, Shepherd of the Hills Veterinary Clinic offers drop-off appointments.
If you cannot get to the clinic at the time of your pet’s Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday appointment, you can drop them off as soon as we open. For pet owners who are unable to drop their pet off the day of surgery, we also offer overnight stays on Monday and Tuesday evenings for pets with procedures the following day. Drop-off and over-night services are completely free-of-charge! We offer these services exclusively as a convenience for pet owners, though we do require advance notice of an early or overnight drop-off.